Friday, May 14, 2010

Cordelia's New Home



Meet my sewing studio.



Waite, Waite, waite!!!
Time out!

You can’t call it that.
It’s clearly not a STUDIO.

Meet my sewing room?
No no no.
You can’t call it that either, its not a room.

Meet my sewing corner?
Nope it’s not really a corner.
I don’t know what you would call it.
A sewing station?
Sure we’ll go with that.

Lets try this again.



Meet my sewing station.



“Hello sewing station,” says Cordelia

“…………………..” says the sewing station.
Cause it’s a sewing station and sewing stations can’t talk.



Anywho, whatever you call it, it’s a nice space.


If you were an occasional weekend sewer.
 The type that sews 2-3 times a month for 3-4 hours a time.
Which Cordelia and I are not.
 We’re the type of sewers who sew all day, everyday.
Cause it’s what we get paid to do.



So clearly this space is on the small side for us.

 
That and the room also doubles as my bedroom.

 
Now let’s take a minute to do a little math.



Sew Room + Bedroom ≠ a good combination.



Here’s why.
For one thing, I tend to find pins and needles in my bed. Not a pleasant midnight treat. For another, I tend to find pins and needles on my floor which I step on in the middle of the night on my way to bed. Not a pleasant midnight treat. Also, it’s impossible to get dressed up for my hot dates (not that I actually go on hot dates) without being covered in thread, fabric lint, pins and needles. Again not a pleasant midnight treat.
 And finally,
 it’s like sleeping at the office.

 Every night.

 Every single night.

Every Single Friggin Night.



So what I’m trying to get at is my sewing station leaves a lot to be desired. Which is why there is going to be some crazy remodeling taking place and Cordelia is going to get a

NEW HOME!!!
(AKA I'm getting a new sewing studio!)

 WOOT!

 
!!!!WWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTT!!!!!



We’re just a little bit excited.
 Not that I don’t love bunking out with Cordelia but she snores.
A lot.
And quite loudly.
That’s why I call her



 
Wait
(Notice how I spelt it correctly this time.  Way to point that out to me.)


 


For







 
It










SNORZILLA!

BWhahahahaha.



Anywho, this means we are going to be temporally relocated for the next 4-6 months and will have to rough it out at this rental house.



On the bright side? The rental has an extra bedroom and you know what that means?

New Sew ROOM!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment