Sunday, July 18, 2010

Summer of Loooove: Brian and Jenny Get Hitched


You remember my friends Brian



and Jenny?



Well they just tied the knot and they had the good sense to do so at Lake Powell. At least I think going to Lake Powell was a good idea cause it meant I got to take a mini vacation.

Plus the wedding was absolutely BEEEEEAU-TI-FUL!



The ceremony took place on this bluff which is kinda on the smallish side so that meant the wedding was small. About 30 people were there. But you know what the advantage of having a small wedding is? All the guest knew I was the creator of THE DRESS.



And being the creator of THE DRESS is pretty amazing except for that fact that starting about 20 minutes before the unveiling of THE DRESS I started to get really nervous. I don’t know why. Perhaps I was terrified everyone would hate it or that it would slowly fall apart as Jenny walked down the isle and she would be naked by the time she made it to the alter.



But then Jenny appeared and she was stunning and THE DRESS made it through the entire evening without falling apart. Not even once. Not even close. Which is not surprising cause I’m kinda a stickler about the whole quality thing.



Despite being on the smallish side the bluff was just big enough for the whole wedding party to fit and they look good with the Lake Powell background.



Here they are doing the whole ring exchange thing.



That weird guy behind them is Nate. Nate is Brian’s best buddy and he got online and sent the state of NM $16 and now he’s a priest so he married Brian and Jenny. Cause he’s that kind of good guy. He says he’s available for “marrings and burrings” so if you are in the market for a priest look him up. I promise it’ll be an event you’ll never forget.



And this is Garrett/ younger brother of Brian. He was the best man. You can tell cause of the badge I made him.

Correction:  I got the Mama Hart to make the badge cause I don't like messing with the embrodery softwear.

 Have you ever seen the movie You, Me and Dupree? Well in the movie Dupree has a best man badge and that’s where I got the idea. Actually, it’s where Garrett got the idea from and I’m just here to provide sewing services to anyone in need.  Or to designate projects to the Mama Hart.



Well enough about the wedding. Lets get to the good stuff.
Such as THE DRESS.



Here’s Jenny in the dress. What a beauty.



The front has a slight cowl which drapes beautifully in the silk jersey she selected.



Mama Jenny does something with the jewelry wholesale business so she had the brilliant idea to use white gold chain as the back drapeness. How clever. I really liked how the chain had movement.



You can kind of see it moving here as Jenny dances.



And then I used some more of the chain to make the belt buckle. Cause I’m resourceful like that.



And here I am in the dress I made, with the bride in THE DRESS I made. There’s so much Hart in this picture. LOVE IT.



Well after the wedding I decided to hang out at the lake a bit so I invited myself to the houseboat Brian’s family rented. I also played on this:



their red speedy motor boat thingy. Which is a fun toy to have cause then you get to go wake-boarding.



And then I got to witness first hand what happens when you combine a bunch of twenty something males, a lake, a sandy hill, a plastic tarp, a water pump and lots and lots of dish soap.



Do you want to know?



Are you sure?



Do you think you can handle it?



Ok, you asked for it.



I’m gona show you.



So this is your last chance to back out.



Well first they make a huge slide.


 
One with a giant jump at the bottom.



And do you think they worried about making sure the water was deep enough?

Nope.

Picture this scenario:



Melisa: “Um, are you sure the water’s deep enough?”

Boy Erin: “Sure it is. It’s up to my waist here.”

Melisa: “Yeah but your like 5 feet out. It’s kind of shallow closer to shore.”

Boy Erin: “That’s why we put the jump in the slide. So it’ll fling us out to where it’s deep enough.”

Melisa: “And you think that jump is going to fling you far enough?”

Boy Erin: “You worry too much.”


But I guess they were right cause no one ended up in the ER.

 
And then cause the slide wasn’t fast enough on its own, they had to smear dish soap all over their bodies.




And then I had to come home and work so I could have my next wedding dress finished in time.



~Happy Lake Powelling
Melisa & Cordelia

No comments:

Post a Comment