Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Ballooning

For those of you who are not familiar with October in New Mexico, every year the Balloon Fiesta comes to town and it is a massive celebration of all things hot air and balloon shaped. This year I decided to get into the mood by creating a little balloon themed window display at Stitchology.



For starters, I decided to make about a billion felt balloons and a few fluffy clouds as well. I hung them all from the window and it was a good thing, but I couldn’t help but feel that I needed to take the theme a little further, so I used the Hot Air Balloon fabric I had just received and made some little outfits.



Like this.



I used the Oliver + S Family Reunion Dress pattern and sure am glad I did. This pattern, like all Oliver + S patterns, sewed up well, had great directions and is totally adorable.



I mean how can you not LOVE the little neck facing detail?



Or the buttons down the back?



Or what about the hem facing and decorative stitching?


Sigh.

I was having so much fun with my balloon fabric that I decided to make a dress for the larger form as well.



For this gal I used the Oliver + S School Photo Dress and it also sewed up like a dream.



I used the scraps from the first dress to cut out a few balloons and appliquéd them around the hem.



It was the right thing to do and the dresses are stunning together in the window!



 
Happy Sewing
~Melisa & Cordelia

No comments:

Post a Comment