Carpet is nice, just not when it’s in my sewing studio.
Top 10 reasons why I don’t love my carpet.
10. I sew a project and my floor looks like this.
9. I try to scoop up the threads with my hands (like I did with my hardwood floor) and the floor looks like this.
8. I scoop harder and throw in a little scratch and the floor looks like this.
And now I have sore fingernails to go with my messy floor.
7. Lugging vacuum cleaners up stairs sucks.
6. I vacuum and the floor looks like this. There are still threads!
5. I have to pick the loose threads up with my hand. This can take a while.
4. I start a new project and my recently vacuumed floors look like this.
3. Unless I vacuum daily the threads get tracked onto my bedroom floor.
2. And then they get tracked onto my stairs.
And the number one reason why carpets in sew rooms is a bad idea?
1. Hauling vacuum cleaners down stairs sucks more than lugging them up.
~Melisa & Cordelia