Saturday, July 17, 2010

Summer of Loooove: Self Indulgences

It’s official. This is my summer of Looove. Except I have no looover, I just get to help everyone else celebrate their Loooove as I hop from one wedding to the next. It’s been a blast, especially cause I get to make (most of) the dresses. It’s official, I love making wedding dresses. Big surprise there.

Meet Brian and Jenny.

“Hello Brian and Jenny” says Cordelia.

“Hello Cordelia” says Brian and Jenny.



I met Brian back when I was 3 or so when he moved into the house next door. We’ve been buddies ever since and he’s like the brother I never had. Except for the fact I have a brother. A very good brother. Minor Detail I shall choose to ignore at the moment.



Brian and Jenny are the first of my friends to get hitched this summer and I’m really excited for their wedding cause A. I made Jenny’s dress and this will be the first time I see a bride in one of my dresses and 2. it’s gona be at Lake Powell. And some of the wedding crew are getting a house boat that I get to crash on. Fun!!



Naturally I have to have something fantastic to wear to the wedding. And well the knit dress I recently made wouldn’t do because I “borrowed” the design from Jenny’s wedding dress and it just didn’t seam appropriate to show up to her wedding in a similarish dress. So I made myself a new sundress.



Lately I’ve been on this whole use up my stash kick, so the first place I went shopping for fabric was my Fabric Log Book and I found this swatch and I knew it was destiny.



I pulled the embroidered and beaded fabric out and let it speak to me, and within minutes I had a design all mapped out.



Then I took a day to sew for myself, and ended up with this little lovely creation.



Which has a ruched bodice.





And I made a flower to go with it cause it was the right thing to do.



And I lined it with polka-dots cause that’s what I had.



And O-LaLa. Bonita.



I am so fortunate I can just whip up a new dress every time I want to go somewhere. What luck I picked such a convenient skill to master as a child.

 
Cordelia loved this one too. She didn’t want to take it off. I had to bribe her with chocolate so she would give it back. She thinks she’s gona wear it to the wedding, but Shhh don’t tell her she’s not invited. I haven’t broken the news to her yet and things are likely to get messy when she finds out.

Happy Self Indulging
~Melisa & Cordelia

No comments:

Post a Comment