Friday, August 13, 2010

Summer of Loooooove X 2: Erica and Dave

Meet Erica.
“Hello Erica,” says Cordelia.
“Hello Cordelia,” says Erica.



Erica is one of my college buddies. We were both in the fashion design program which means we spent a lot of time together. We even collaborated on a couple of projects and made this dress together.



That’s right, it’s made entirely our of paper bags. Cause we’re that talented.



 Erica recently got married to Dave.
 
I have no pictures of Dave cause I don’t know him, but if Erica married him he must be a really decent person.
 
Well I’m always up for a trip, and it’s always fun to reconnect with my college buddies so I went ahead and attended the wedding even though it was in Stevens Point WI.



Now meet Mary.
“Hello Mary,” says Cordelia.
“Hello Cordelia,” says Mary.


Mary is also a college buddy and was in the fashion program with Erica and me. We also worked on a few group projects together and made this…..er um I don’t really know what it is.



 but the skirt turns into a cape.



We call it our Rodeo Queen/ Vegas waitress superhero outfit.



Cause it has lots of bum ruffles.


We got an A so it must be wonderful.

Anyways, Mary is always up for an adventure too so she ended up being my partner in crime on this wedding excursion.

Mary was coming up from Indiana and I was coming from New Mexico, so I flew into Chicago where Mary picked me up and we had a mini road trip to WI.


The drive there was mostly uneventful: we paid lots of tolls (stupid Illinois and their toll roads) we saw lots of green fields, we saw lots of signs for CHEESE and we saw a water tower with a heart on it. I tried to take a picture but the car was moving to fast and instead I got a picture of a bridge.



A blurry picture of a bridge.

We got to Stevens Point and checked into our motel room which was a bit dubious. While we felt plenty safe, I definitely found a man’s sock in the corner which leads me to question the cleanliness of our room. But let’s not talk about that, what I don’t know won’t hurt me.


Then we went to the wedding where I had more picture timing failures.

Here I am attempting to snap a picture of Erica as she walks down the isle.



Unfortunately I was a little premature in this picture and missed her entirely.

Then I was too slow on my next attempt and succeeded only in capturing the back of her train.



 It’s a good thing she had a train or I would have missed her completely and then I would have had to crawl in a corner and sob for an hour.

Actually, after taking this picture I almost did crawl under the pew and sob.



It’s a decent picture of some ladies arm, but not so much of Erica and Dave. This girl needs to work on her picture taking skills.

But I did manage to get some half way decentish pictures of them cutting the cake.



And of their first dance.



And of the father daughter dance.



And then the wedding was over and it was still kind of early so Mary and I met up with some local kids and they took us swimming in the Wisconsin River. Now that was a blast! Here we are making fish faces to demonstrate how much fun we had.


We stopped in Madison on the way back to Chicago to visit the University of Wisconsin and I bought an ice cream cone from the union and set out and watched the boats as I ate it.


I have to say, there is something appealing about a school that is right on a lake. These Badgers might be onto something.

Then it was back to Chicago and onto a plane for me (but not before visiting Wrigley Field and watching the Cubs game from a nearby bar).





Happy Travels
Melisa & Cordelia


1 comment: