Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The Wrap.

This spring I have a new obsession.
Ok, I have two new obsessions.

The first, is the independent pattern company Decades of Style .
They have collected vintage patterns and reprint them using modern labeling, paper, sizing and directions.
The result?
Vintage style patterns that are easier to fallow than the ones you pick up at the garage sale, and come in your size.

My second new love?
Wrap dresses.
I have decided these things are beyond cute and am doing my best to fill my spring and summer wardrobe with as many as possible.



Well, as it turns out, Decades of Style has a wrap dress pattern so I decided I had to make it and offer it as a class this summer.

I picked out some large floral Amy Butler fabric, worked a little magic, and came up with this:



Tada!



I didn’t feel like hemming the ties, so I serged them, and am quite pleased with the result.



The ties wrap in the back, and can be wrapped and tied in a variety of combinations. I prefer to twist them in the back.




If you are in the ABQ aria you can head over to Hip Stitch to visit the dress and to sign up to take a class to make your very own wrap dress!

Now all we need is a little warm weather so we can wear our beautiful new sundresses!



Happy wrapping
~Melisa & Cordelia


No comments:

Post a Comment