Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Cordelia's "Green-ish" Dress Numero Uno


Cordelia and I have been making a conscious decision to try out the whole green thing by using up our fabric stash and recycling fabric and garments. So, just in time for Earth Day (oh wait, Earth Day was last week? Stupid calendar tells me today is Administrative Professionals Day but it leaves off Earth Day?!?! What a rip off! I demand a refund!)


Where was I.
Oh, right.
 Earth Day is coming (or went) so we decided to make a “green” project and took this girl’s t-shirt and turned it into a girls dress.





In case you were wondering, this project is “green” because we recycled a t-shirt.
Except does it count as recycling when I run to Target to buy a shirt cause I have none on hand cause I don’t have a little girl?

Errr….



 
Ok, so in this case, this is an “Iceberg Lettuce-green” project, but if you make it at home with an actual recycled t-shirt it can be a “Romaine Lettuce-green” project. Throw in some recycled or vintage fabric, and you’ve got yourself a solid “Spinach-green” project, and, as our mothers taught us, the darker the lettuce, the better!



But I degrees.



Anywho, I took a t-shirt, chopped a bit off, slapped on some fabric, threw in a contrasting belt thingy and there you have it a “green-sih” girly dress!

If you are interested in making your very own Green T-shirt Dress, head over to HipStitch and register to take a class on Thursday May 28 from 10-2 or Thursday May 5th from 5-8:30.

I'll see ya then. 

Check back tomorrow and Cordelia will have another variation on the theme to impress you with!



Happy Recycling
~Melisa & Cordelia

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this idea! You can do what we do next time you need a recycle project by going to the goodwill. I do this for doll clothes all the time!

    ReplyDelete