Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Summer Blouse


If you are anything like me, you are itching for summer to get here. Because summer is the best season ever. Who can resist those hot days and warm nights and the clothes. Ohh the clothes.

As a treat for surviving The Brother Hart’s wedding and the planning of the Fiber Arts Fiesta, I allowed my self to take a break from work to make myself a fun little blouse.



I found this Alexander Henry fabric at JoAnns (can you believe that?) and decided to turn it into a summer blouse.



I cut some contrasting fabric on the bias to create trim for the collar. I like how it accentuates the collar a bit.




I decided a belt would complete the look so I used some of my leftover fabric to tie around my waist.



I’ve been on a mission to create the ultimate girly neck tie, so I tied the belt like a tie and was instantly inspired.



And SURPRISE!



 

The belt is reversible. Cause that’s how we roll around here at Hart Designs.



Happy Summer
~Melisa & Cordelia


3 comments: