Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Cordelia goes on a not date, date dress

This weekend Cordelia decided she needed a new dress to wear to dinner with Weston. She wanted something cute and sassy, but casual enough to wear on her not date, date.

Can someone please tell me what a not date date is?
Being stuck in the middle of the romantic world of dressforms is like being back in middle school.

Because I have been dreaming of a similar dress I agreed to make it.
 For myself.
With intentions of letting Cordelia borrow it for an evening.
One evening I said and then I wanted the dress back.
But do you think she has given it back?
Not yet!

I used some Amy Butler fabric I had on hand and a modified vintage pattern.

I intended to face the bodice out of the same fabric, but I didn’t have enough so I had to use a contrasting fabric. Oh darn. I hate it when you have to use cute contrasting fabric for facings.

Cordelia wanted somewhere to stash her lip-gloss so added inseam pockets, cause pockets rock my world.
Wait a minute.
Cordelia, why are you using lip-gloss when you have no lips?!

The front of the bodice buttons us and I used some old buttons that came from a jeans factory cause I didn’t want the dress to get too girly.

And there you have it, a cute little summer dress to wear while doing summery things!

Happy Dress Wearing
~Melisa, Cordelia & Weston

1 comment: