Thursday, July 28, 2011

Banner Mania


I have two new obsessions:

Banners and
Paper Punches.

Seriously, who knew that cutting paper shapes out would be so entertaining? And therapeutic? And enjoyable? And fun? And relaxing? And exciting?

That Martha Stewart may be onto something.


Incase you haven’t figured it out; I have been spending a vast majority of my free time cutting out paper shapes and stringing them onto cord to make banners like this one.


Ok, this is the only banner I have made so far, but I have LOTS of ideas for more banners and how to use them for seasonal decorations, or to proclaim exciting announcements like “IT’S A BOY!” or “JUST MARRIED!” or “HAPPY BIRTHDAY!”. Except that none of these exciting life events are happening to me or anyone I know soon.

 Except for Rosie.
She’s having a baby in January.


 
Oh, wait!
I meant to say she’s having a birthday in August.

Sorry for the confusion.

But in the meantime, as I patiently wait for Danny and Rosie or Scot and Lauren to start having babies, I’ll start small with this simple banner.



I had a coupon so I went and purchased a heart shaped paper punch. Cause my name is Melisa Hart and I have a weakness for all things heart shaped.
It’s a curse.
Do yourself a favor and never give yourself a name with an image attached to it.
Or do, cause it makes making up a logo and name for your fashion design business super easy.


I was feeling marvelously creative and obsessed by the punching gods, so I also punched out little flower shapes and glued them to some of my hearts.


 I loved them so much that I punched out some flower shapes in the middle of a few of my hearts.



I may have gone a little overboard, but quite frankly my dear, I don’t give a damn.

Earmuffs Cordelia!
I just said a bad word and I don’t want you picking up foul language.
Although I don’t know why I even try when Weston is doing a superb job of teaching you all the naughty words you’ll ever need.



Sigh.



Well there you have it…the first of several banners to enter my life.


Happy Hole Punching
~Melisa, Cordelia & Weston


No comments:

Post a Comment