Thursday, December 1, 2011

Sugar Plum Apron


“You can never have too many aprons” is what I say.
Cause they are cute, easy to make, fun to wear and charming.

So I made myself a new apron for Christmas.

I call it The Sugar Plum Apron because it is sickly sweet with its peppermint candy looking motif and contrast ruffles.



I love this design because it has a high shaped waist that is flattering on my figure.



I wanted big pockets to hold lots of stuff so I added a little bit of elastic to the top edge to help hold things in and to give the pocket a ruffled appearance. I also added a contrast ruffle and binding because it was the right thing to do.



A contrast ruffle hem completes the look!



I was too lazy to sew ties, so I used some 1 ½” wide grosgrain ribbon instead, and I do say, it does the job nicely.

Now Cordelia and I are all prepared to cook Christmas dinner---if only we cooked---which we don’t.

Correction:

Now Cordelia and I are all prepared to awkwardly, but stylishly, linger around the kitchen while someone else cooks Christmas dinner!


Happy Cooking!
~Melisa & Cordelia


1 comment: