Sunday, May 23, 2010

Dear PETA, It's all Right, They're Vintage

Meet Pamela.
"Hello Pamela" says Cordelia.
"Hello Cordelia" Says Pamela.


 Pamela is my neighbor and she is kind of amazing because she does super cool things like. . .




 
Pays me in vintage (in this case Gucci) bags when I housesit for her. . .



 
And she feeds me lots and lots of shrimp. . .


 
And the other day she gave me a bunch of her mother’s and grandmother’s old furs.

And while I do not advocate the killing of tons of innocent little furry critters to make clothing (Um, except in the case of leather shoes, and leather bags, and leather belts) if its vintage I figure the animals have already been dead for a bit, thus I am not contributing to their mass genocide and therefore it would be a shame for me to not enjoy these furs.


Cordelia agrees and she takes pleasure in wearing the furs. All of them. At once.

Here is the breakdown of my brand new (but vintage) fur collection.

I now own a lovely mink stole.


 And no, I did not steal the stole. But I do believe Cordelia has stolen the stole from me. What a greedy little stole stealer.


 
The stole still has faces. Lots of them. With eyes. That’s why Cordelia likes it so much. She thinks it makes up for her lack of a head.

I’ve also acquired this unique little Mink number which Pamela assures me is a “collar” but I think one could find more creative uses for it.
 MARY!!! Get your mind out of the gutter you “saucy little mink” (name that movie quote!)


 
There is also this fabulous coat.


  I know Pamela told me what it was back when it had legs and moved, but I don’t remember, and I’m not going to even pretend to be some kind of fur expert. Cause I’m not. So please don’t call me

Wait



For





it





 THE FURINATOR DUN Dun dun

Cause I don’t work with fur. That would be creepy. Just one step above a taxidermist. Not that there’s anything wrong with taxidermists, it’s just not a profession (is that something you can do professionally or is it strictly a hobby?) I would choose.


 
And then there is this marvelous wrap.


I’ve been informed that wearing fur is on some list of top things to do while naked. Which is good for Cordelia cause she has clearly mastered the art of wearing nothing but furs.
But that leaves one to question—if you are wearing a fur coat are you still naked?!?!


I think NOT.

But I guess what I’m really trying to say is THANK YOU PAMELA! I love the furs, they are fantastic and I’m sure I’ll have some fun wearing them if I can ever get Cordelia to give them back.



Happy Fur wearing adventures!
~Melisa and Cordelia

No comments:

Post a Comment