Sunday, May 2, 2010

It's a Wrap (tehehe)


So a few days ago I finished up a wrap skirt class where I helped people to make skirts like this



Or this.

 

It’s the same skirt.
Clearly I have magical sewing fabric altering superpowers.
That, or I am a master  of the art of reversible wrap clothing.
And what an art it is!
 Everyone should have at least one reversible garment.
 For reals.
If you don’t have one, go buy (or better yet make) one.
 GO.
 NOW.
GET ONE!
 Trust me.
You’ll be glad you did.


 

Anywho, I love this skirt and decided to share it and its reversableness with the world. And can you think of a better way to brain wash a new generation of reversible clothing lovers then to teach a class?

Plus class is fun.

 

Cordelia wanted to come to the class but it was already over full so I said no.
And then she pouted. 

 

First I showed my students how to turn these 4 measly measurements:

Waist
Hip
Waist to hip
Waist to Hem

 

Into a pattern that looks something like this.




Or this.



 
Oooh that’s got to be hard right?
WRONG.
 Easiest pattern to draft.
EVER!
Trust me. If I can do it, you can too.
Because you’ve probably got more talent in your bellybutton lint than Cordelia and me combined.
True story.

 

Then it’s just a little magical snip snip here and a stitch stitch there and. . . 
 VOILA!
Beautiful wrap skirt.
 And that’s why they call me







………..waite…………








……….for…………….








………..it……………..








The Wrapanator DUN DUN DUN!







Actually no one’s ever called me that, but extra credit to the first person who does.
Well that would be if we gave out grades at Ann Silva's.
   Which we don’t.

 Bummer.



 

Anywho, here’s proof that I have amazing and talented students.
Check out Sue’s reversible wrap skirt!



 Ohhhh. Bonita!

This is the only one I managed to get a picture of (It’s time to work on my photo-journalism skills me thinks) so I’ll leave the rest of the skirts to your imagination. They were all equally fabulous though.





Happy Reversing,
~Melisa & Cordelia

No comments:

Post a Comment