Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Love in the Shape of a Skirt


The other day I was drafting patterns to use for future classes and I came up with this skirt which has quickly become my new favorite skirt.




I started with a basic a-lie skirt.
And I added a waistband.



And side pockets.



I used contrasting top stitching to give it a more casual feel.



Instead of a zipper I used side button opening.



And I used a contrasting fabric for the hem facing and inside waistband, and button placket.




So if you want to learn to draft this pattern and make this fabulous skirt, come to my class at Ann Silvas! You’ll end up with a fabulous skirt which is bound to be your new favorite cause I’m sure you have more talent in you left pinkie toe nail than Cordelia and I combined!

Happy Skirt Wearing
~Melisa & Cordelia












No comments:

Post a Comment