Saturday, October 16, 2010

Staff Meeting

I called a staff meeting this morning cause I thought I had some important news to share.

We all gathered up.


Tilly came too although no one is really sure if she is an employee or not.



Once I had all my minions assembled I announced the big news,

“Today is National Bosses Day!!!!!
I think we should celebrate!
So who got me presents?
Who baked the cake?

Anyone?
Anyone?
Hello Cordelia?
Oadie?
Is anyone listening?”

Their reaction was underwhelming to say the least.

Cordelia just stood there and stared at me blankly.


Or that's what she would have been doing if she had eyes to look at me with.

 Oadie refused to make eye contact 



And then showed me his other side.



Tilly just purred, rolled on to her back and said,

“rub my tummy”



Poor thing’s not to bright after all.



Well then a few hours later they gave me this:



I can only assume it’s a Happy Bosses Day Card.




I guess when one employee has no hands and the other two don’t have opposable thumbs you can’t expect legible cards.

Bless their well intentioned souls—they sewed the card shut.


And somebody got into my stamp.

I feel so loved.


Happy National Bosses Day!
Melisa & Cordelia

No comments:

Post a Comment