Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Patchwork Twirl

Meet Lily.
“Hello Lily!” Says Cordelia.
“............…….” Says Lily,
 cause she’s two and doesn’t talk yet and cause she’s not sure she likes Cordelia.
 Ya can’t blame her, it’s a little creepy to have a headless, handless body hangin around the house.


Lily is the daughter of some family friends and she is the cutest, sweetest, friendliest little girl I have ever seen.
But I might be a bit biased.

Well Lily had a birthday about a month ago so I decided to make her a little twirl skirt.

I started with this charm pack of fabric….


And then with a little snip snip here and a stitch stitch there I ended up with this adorable little twirl skirt.



It has two layers of gathered patchwork awesomeness.



And some rickrack trim cause rickrack is marvelous.



And it’s super cool cause it has enough fullness it can stand up by itself.


 Now that’s a quality I should work into all my designs.
Or not.



Happy Twirling
Melisa & Cordelia



No comments:

Post a Comment