Thursday, September 30, 2010

Read a Banned Book


Did you know that we are right dab smack in the middle of Banned Book Week? Well I didn’t either until I was reading the Urban Threads Embroidery blog and it told me so. Therefore, I think we should all go out and read some banned books. It's good for us, we might learn something, even if it's only a few new juicywords. 

Here is a link to a list of a few banned books. 

 A. I'm so proud Judy Blume made the list (multiple times). B. I've read more than half the books.  What does that say about my literary taste? C. "How to Eat Fried Worms" made the list?  Seriously?



Also, while you’re celebrating your freedom to read, go to urban threads website and download this free embroidery design and then stick it on your library tote bag. You’ll be glad you did!




Happy Scandalous Reading
~Melisa & Cordelia

No comments:

Post a Comment