Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Rapunzel Messenger

Meet my BFF Heather Ross.


"Hello Heather!" Says Cordelia.




"__________" Says Heather.

Cause, well, I've never met her.


Ok, sure she has no idea I exist, but I want to be just like here when I grow up because she does cool things like write one of my favorite sewing books.



 Check it out, you’ll love it too, if only cause it has sleek glossy pages with beautiful poictures and she throws in a few recipies too which is nifty.

She also designs fabric and I absolutely adore all of her collections, but don’t get her confused with my other BFF Heather Bailey who also designs fabric. You can read all about here her if you wish.


So Heather Ross recently came out with a new line called Far Far Away II and is inspired by fairy tales.



 Have I mentioned, I love fairy tales?
Well I do. They are amazing and when I saw this Rapunzel fabric I almost just about died cause Rapunzel was my FAVORITE fairy tale growing up.


 Well except maybe for the Princess and the Pea. I can relate so well to that one. Or the 12 dancing princesses. I always wanted to find myself in the enchanted forest.

Anyhow, I bought the fabric cause it was cute and I used it to make this messenger bag.


I love this bag cause it has a convenient pocket here in the front.




And because it is reversible.


The reverse side also has pockets in the front and the flap.




This bag is so handy you should make one, and if you are nice I may actually get around to making a pattern and if you are really really nice I might share it too.
 But don’t let Cordelia get a hold of it cause she’ll just dangle it in front of you and refuse to hand it over.
She can be a bit bratty like that.

Happy fairy tale reading
~Melisa & Cordelia





No comments:

Post a Comment