Friday, November 19, 2010

Hairy Otter?

Meet Hairy Otter.

“Hello Hairy Otter,” says Cordelia.
“Hello Cordelia,” says Hairy Otter


“Hairy Otter?” you ask?
“Don’t you mean Harry Potter?”

Nope, Hairy Otter is proof that the Atlanta Aquarium might actually have a sense of humor.

 I picked up this shirt this summer when I went to Atlanta to attend the American Sewing Guild conference.

 

Also, if you didn’t know--and if you didn’t know this I may have to disown you-- the new Harry Potter movie came out today which is why Cordelia is wearing the shirt.  She put it on in hopes that I would take her to the midnight showing with me.


Poor girl got all dressed up and everything.  She even put on my new tie died silk scarf.


Wait! 
That's my scarf! 
Give it back! 

I didn’t know how to break it to her I wasn’t going to take her. I mean movie tickets are like $10.50! I don’t like the girl THAT much. Plus she has an annoying tendency to talk all the way through movies.

Well even though Cordelia didn’t get to go to the movie Miko and I went and it was a blast. I mean, I ate my weight in salt water taffy, and how can that not be a good time.  Ignoring the fact my tummy still hurts.

The best part of the evening may very well be when a large group showed up dressed as Star Wars characters.
That's right they went to Harry Potter dressed as Han Solo, Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia, the guy with the red and black face and many many more.
Um what movie is this? Someone was confused and for once it wasn’t me!



Happy Hairy Ottering
Er, Um I mean Harry Pottering
~Melisa & Cordelia




No comments:

Post a Comment