Sunday, November 14, 2010

Hippy Chick the Second

So yesterday I connected with my inner hippy as I took a tie dye class from Mama at Mama’s Tie Dye. Check her out, she is a lot of fun and she does tie die parties. I know what I’m doing for my next birthday party!


Sadly I had to wait 24 hours for the dye to simmer and set before I could wash my creations and see the wonderful designs. After they were properly seasoned, I threw my garments in the washing machine, saran wrap, rubber bands and all and ran a normal wash.



After waiting a tedious 50 minutes for the wash to run it’s cycle I was able to pull the pieces out and finally see the results.

They were:

...Wait...













... for...













... it...

















Fabulouoso!!!



Are you ready to see?

 

The scarf has a wonderful diagonal design. I didn’t expect it to be quite so pink, but I love it anyways!



And here is the shirt.

 


Bonita!!
I didn't expect to see any white caue I thaught I over did it on the die, but there you go.



Cordelia loves it and threatens to never take it off. 
 I don’t know if that works for me cause I’m going to have to rock my new shirt!

Happy Hippyfiying
~Melisa & Cordelia

No comments:

Post a Comment