I just saw the new Disney Princess movie Tangled, cause I’m a 5 year old girl, and it was AWESOME. In fact it rocked the socks off every other Disney Princess movie including my all time favorites The Little Mermaid and Beauty and The Beast.
Here are the top 10 reasons why this movie is superior to all other princess movies.
10.Rapunzel is the all time best fairy tale ever and it’s about frickin time someone made a movie of it.
9. Rapunzel’s side kick critter who serves no purpose other than comic relief is actually legitimately funny. And he doesn’t talk, which is a serious breath of fresh air.
8. There is an evil thug who has a cupcake tattoo.
7. There is no price charming. Instead we have an orphaned criminal turned good by the end of the film.
6. Mr. Love Interest actually uses the line “How you doin?” in attempt to schmooze Rapunzel.
5. Rapunzel’s weapon of choice is a cast iron skillet and she uses it well and often--especially on Mr. Love Interest.
4. She is a bad ass who spends a significant amount of time cliff diving, talking her way out of sticky situations, and healing people with her magic hair.
3. In fact she does most of the saving.
2. Rapunzel has a dream and it’s NOT that some man will save her, or walk into her life.
And the number 1 reason why Tangled is the best Disney princess movie EVER?!?!?!
1. Rapunzel SEWS!!!!.
So thank you Disney for finally making a princess who is smart, funny, independent, clever, strong and wanting more out of life than a man.
Oh and half way through the movie I had to chuckle cause I realized I was using this:
My Rapunzel messenger bag.
You can read all about it here:
Happy Movie Going
~Melisa & Cordelia