Monday, November 15, 2010

T-Time

In case you have been living under a rock and haven’t noticed, embellished t-shirts are ridiculously popular this season, and for good reason---cause they’re cute!

I, however, refuse to spend $1.94628 million for a designer J Crew or Ann Taylor t-shirt so I decided to make some of my own.

I started by going to Target and purchasing a cheep solid color shirt and    pre-washed it.
Next I used a variety of fabric scraps to cut rough floral shapes in 3 sizes.
 

I layered the shapes to build flowers.


After arranging the flowers on the t-shirt in a pleasing pattern, I used a hand needle and beads to sew the flowers to the shirt.


And then Dun dun dun.



I had an embellished t that looked something like this:

 




Don't worry.  Oadie has been taking his role at Hart Designs very seriously and helped.



By using my pin cushion as a pillow.
 You comfy?


He was.
Weirdo.

We had so much fun making the first t that I decided to make a second which ended up like this:



Cordelia doesn't get to try it on until she gives the first one back.  Greedy little shirt stealer.

Happy Embellishing
~Melisa & Cordelia






No comments:

Post a Comment