Friday, January 7, 2011

ETA Challenge Garment Numero Dose

So I’ve been sewing for this design challenge I will be participating in come February.
 I was given a bunch of fabric and a hypothetical situation and left to create.

Today I made a skirt to complete one of my outfits.

I used this pattern (we have to use patterns supplied by supporting independent pattern designers).

Only I didn’t have enough fabric to make the skirt according to the pattern, so I had to alter it a bit. This skirt is suppose to have 18 gores, but I only had enough for 13 gores so I did a little math, worked a little magic and made it happen.


I bound the seams with the tie-died lace.

I thought it was a clever idea because it allowed me to meet the requirement to use some of all the fabrics, but I got to use it in such small quantities that you don’t realize how glamorous the fabric really is.

I decided I like the flip side of the skirt a lot too, so I went ahead and made it reversible.

 Cause I’m an overachiever like that!

And there you have it, my first outfit is complete-ish (or it will be when I get around to hemming the skirt, but first I have to let it hang so the fabric which is on the bias stretches as much as it wants.)

Until Next Time
~Melisa & Cordelia

No comments:

Post a Comment