Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Top 10 Reasons Why I Don’t Recommend Carpet in a Sew Room.

Carpet is nice, just not when it’s in my sewing studio.
Top 10 reasons why I don’t love my carpet.


10. I sew a project and my floor looks like this.


 
9. I try to scoop up the threads with my hands (like I did with my hardwood floor) and the floor looks like this.


 
8. I scoop harder and throw in a little scratch and the floor looks like this.



And now I have sore fingernails to go with my messy floor.

7. Lugging vacuum cleaners up stairs sucks.



6. I vacuum and the floor looks like this. There are still threads!



5. I have to pick the loose threads up with my hand. This can take a while.



4. I start a new project and my recently vacuumed floors look like this.



3. Unless I vacuum daily the threads get tracked onto my bedroom floor.



2. And then they get tracked onto my stairs.



And the number one reason why carpets in sew rooms is a bad idea?


1. Hauling vacuum cleaners down stairs sucks more than lugging them up.





Happy Cleaning
~Melisa & Cordelia

No comments:

Post a Comment